Monday 22 February 2016

Hit and Run

Sunday afternoon coming back from the food market me and Luis were witnesses to a hit and run.  We were driving home and on the other side of the road I saw this SUV run down a petite women, about my age, hesitate for a second and then speed off.  Luis's reaction was amazing, he slammed on the brakes, jumped out of the car and picked her up and held her until the ambulance came.  I called 911, and loads of people stopped to help.  I know for sure I could never work in medicine and I was at a loss of what to do and found it hard to even look at her.  Luis held her tight the whole time, talking to her and trying to calm her down.  Her leg was a twisted mess and who knows what else as she was totally in shock.  I was so so proud of him, really he was just amazing.  While we were looking after the girl, unbeknownst to us a family had chased the SUV and managed to get a picture of the license plate. 

I mean who does that (well clearly the guy driving the car seen above!)?!  She could have died and he did not even stop to see if she was okay.  Here is hoping he is in some serious trouble now.

No comments:

Post a Comment