Thursday 14 May 2015

The Wrong Thing

So from now on, I am not going to do the right thing. Whatever, I think is the right thing to do is, I am going to do the opposite, that is my new plan. When my Mum died, I left Canada too early, from pressure from work and went back to Barbados and when I returned there was not much to do anyways. I should have just stayed and been with my Dad and sister and quite honestly have never really forgiven myself for that. Although, this time is thankfully way different, I still should have planned to stay longer with my sister rather than feel guilty and racing back to Quito for a day or two of work. But this is what I chose as felt it was the right thing to do (as Nicola, thankfully, is back on the road to recovery). And as it happens my flight got cancelled yesterday, so wasted an entire day at airport and now back here this morning waiting on flight this afternoon. I feel like the universe is trying to tell me 'Amanda, open your eyes, family comes first, family is what matters, you twat'.
So this time I have gotten the message. And also been reminded (not that I need it all) how lucky I am to have the Hopkins as once again they came to the rescue and Pippa came and got me for a dinner out in Windsor.

We called on the Queen to join but think she is busy with baby Charlotte
                         

Maybe next time

     

Got my Indian in, yummy yum. Windsor is a lovely town, I really just love the UK so much.
   

But I am now desperate to get home, ready for a few cuddles and looking forward to taking my girl for a long long walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment