Tuesday 3 February 2015

The Black Sheep Inn, Ecuador

As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I have been wanting to come here before I even knew I was definitely taking the job in Quito. So I decided that this warranted its own separate posting. The Black Sheep Inn is located in the Andes about 3 hours out of Quito, it has magnificent walks around and the must be seen Quilota. They are an Eco friendly Inn and have several awards for their achievements in this area. For me what I was very excited for was their famous veggie meals, all meals are included, and everyone eats together (lunch is packed for walking). I was not disappointed, it was super yummy and as Ecuador is not known for their veggie cuisine, it was a nice treat. In fact, to be honest I was not disappointed by anything.



View of the Inn, there are also many rooms and huts around the property.



View from one of the balcony's



The yoga studio (looked amazing but yoga is not my thing).



The gym, a little bit Fred Flinstone.



Another one of my favourite things was that while we were eating dinner the manager lit the wood stoves, so room was toasty warm on return. Altogether, a lovely location, great food, friendly people, stunning views and cozy rooms, definitely a place I would visit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment