Wednesday 22 January 2014

Asian Disaster

After my rock hard 'edible' birthday cake, I became even more determined to follow a recipe from beginning to end. I think where I went wrong was not trying to walk before running and starting with not one course but two.
I decided on an Asian menu and thkngs started well, I went to three supermarkets to get all I needed.  I read the recipe for my Vietnamese Prawn salad ten times.  Started in my Thai soup, which actually turned out ok. Bit lacking in chilli but ok nonetheless.  I had some tasters over (Pia gave me the cook book and it was meant to be a bit of a thank you, poor Karen just stumbled into it). They politely ate it but were surprised it was from Vietnam as had no chili or in fact any ingredient from Asia in it. I then realised in my frazzled state that I had accidentally switched pages in my little cook book when shopping and ended up cooking the wrong meal altogether.
I am sticking to Mexican.

No comments:

Post a Comment