Saturday 7 April 2012

Seder Passover Dinner

I have just returned from my first Jewish celebration, Seder Passover Dinner at the Grisetti's which was both informative and delicious.  To have a little bit of Easter too, they included an Easter Bunny (or beaver, I think they are still confused from the other day in France) and I brought them an Easter basket filled with chocolate eggs and rabbits.  It was lovely and I am sure my God was proud to see the Easter bunny on the Seder plate.  As my God (I know that everyone may have a different one) believes in love and harmony of all humans.  In fact I am pretty sure he/she gets fairly ticked off when people use him/her as an excuse for hatred, murder and war.  My God loves different traditions and celebrations of family and friends.  I think traditions are important and special and I hope if I ever have children I pass down my traditions but also the importance of learning and being accepting of others customs and beliefs (as long as that 'custom' or 'belief' is not hurting or suppressing any member of the human race). 

The Seder plate and bunny

The lighting of the candles


Dipping leaves in salty water (I did point out that the Jewish traditions may have more takers if there was a bit more chocolate and less salty water and un risen bread)

I did a reading too (there were several throughout the meal)
And now, to totally change the subject, I am back home to prepare for a tradition that I am trying to start here in Basel...

No comments:

Post a Comment