Sunday 21 January 2024

The Bridge on the River Kwai - Kanchanaburi

I have wanted to get here for some time.  But we never seemed to be able to make it.  The pollution was high in Bangok, Luis was working loads, so me and Carly decided to take an over night road trip to Kanchanaburi.  A lovely little spot on the River Kwai, and we were also able to visit the Bridge that was built by the allied prisoners of war in WW2.    We stayed in a great little hotel and had a great mini break.  In fact, it was the first time Carly and I have ever hung outside of our building!

A great Thai vegan restaurant that we ate at twice.
The pool that over looked the mountains.  I could not quite get a good picture of the mountains which were beautiful.

I was shocked when a train actually came over!








The four us had a great time together. Lots of laughter, I need to leave the city more often.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment