Sunday 17 May 2020

The Peirce Zoo

Well, yesterday I had a full-on meltdown when I saw that Phuket airport was closed until at least the end of June.  I just miss Lola and our home so much and cannot believe I will not see her for months and Thailand possibly ever again.  I am sure being overtired, the loss of Aunty Jillian, the worry about our upcoming future did not help but I cried like I have not cried in a long long time.  We were invited to go visit Robert and Rosette in the afternoon and I can tell you it took every ounce of politeness I have in me not to cancel at the last minute.  And I am so happy I did not.  What started off to be a horrible day turned out to be a brilliant one.  I think it was possibly the best day of Sebastian's life.   They have chickens, horses, dogs, a bunny rabbit, a parrot, he was so excited.  He clapped the entire time (new trick) and then took his first few steps (wobbly but still steps!).  It was just such a nice day and made me really appreciate all the things we do have.
 Luis showing Sebastian the horses.
 Andrew who is apparently ready to have one as well!
 I need a better photo of Frankie. The sweetest dog that looks exactly like an Ewok.

 The chickens
 He was so happy
 And the bunny was pretty amazing!
 Clapping all the time now.

I woke up feeling a little more positive but it comes in waves.  We will just take as it comes, like everyone else I suppose.  But we all had a great day yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment