Sunday 10 May 2020

Auntie Jillian

We are coming up to week 6 here in Barbados and although this is the place I call home and love there have been some challenges.  I have been working through the nights as Thailand is 11 hours ahead, Luis is studying and tutoring, Sebastian is moving fast and being on lockdown (anywhere) is not easy.  But I am so thankful that we are here and as much as I miss our home and Lola, I would not want to have been anywhere else these past weeks.  I am so thrilled that I had this time with one of the most important people in my life and even more elated that Sebastian had the chance to meet her as well.  From the minute we arrived Aunty Jillian chatted away with Sebastian and he chatted right back.  He loved checking for her in her room and seeing her every afternoon in her gallery as much as I did.  This morning, Mothers Day here, Natalie gave us the call we had all been expecting but dreading that she passed away. No matter how much you prepare yourself it is still hard to hear those words.  The loss is huge and will leave a gaping hole in many lives.  I cannot imagine flying into Barbados and not joining her for a glass of wine and catch up on her gallery.  She was a wonderful woman, a fantastic Aunty, and someone I will miss terribly.




I will treasure these photos.  Auntie Jillian, I will miss you and love you tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment