Monday 11 May 2020

First Mothers Day

Yesterday was clearly not how I thought my first Mother's Day would turn out.  Although to be honest we did end up celebrating one of the world's greatest mothers.  But I also did not want to let the day pass without speaking about it.  I did have a moment yesterday morning to reflect a bit on how happy and lucky I am to have such a fantastic son.  In recent years I had come to accept the fact that I might never celebrate this day and it was just amazing to have done so.  It has not been an easy road and I have struggled at times with being a mother.  I spent months thinking I was failing him or was unsure if he loved me.  I tormented myself a lot.  I now know this is not uncommon and also that he does, in fact, love me and I am a half-decent mum. 



Sebastian Henry, I adore being your mother.  Unfortunately for you when you get older I may, in fact, insist on you celebrating two Mother Days (there are some downfalls to carrying multiple citizenships)!  

No comments:

Post a Comment