Wednesday 18 December 2019

Doi Suthep

Today we decided to leave the city to visit the most famous temple in the area, Doi Suthep.  It is located high up in the hills and dates back to 1367 and it is beautiful but not sure worth the drive that certainly took ten years off my life. I still have not told Luis just how scared I was, but in listening to the all knowing google maps I drove the most treacherous mountain roads I have ever driven (and there are a few scary ones in Switzerland and Ecuador).  The road was so windy and narrow that one wrong turn and we were all going off a cliff.  The problem was once we entered this road there was no where to turn around without falling off a mountain.  Eventually google maps brought us to our destination, not at all the right place, and I was able to turn around and drive down to the right spot.  I was covered and sweat and gripping the wheel so hard my fingers still hurt!
 Luis and Sebastian in their team green trousers.. 
 The view of the place where I was finally able to turn around, a quick shot as I was terrified the car would roll off.
 Made it, Sebastian was never scared.  Oh and this is his new party trick, sticks his tongue out at everyone.






 The temple was very beautiful especially high up in the mountain.
Followed by a much deserved lunch at our favourite new veggie place, Mai Kaidee.  The food is simply amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment