Saturday 26 January 2019

Vegan Junk Food Night

I love getting together with these lot and it is always great to try their tasty creations.  Lizzie and Alastair hosted the event with the theme 'junk food'.  We had fried 'chicken', poutine, enchiladas, carrot 'hotdogs' and a whole lot of chocolate delights.   The most shocking thing was the carrot hot dogs, they literally were carrots and tasted super close to actual hot dogs.  The non-vegans and kids in the group were shocked.  I couldn't even eat one as it was just too similar for me.  All in the marinade apparently.  I made poutine (with veggie gravy and cheese) and some chocolate chip cookies (which were also amazing if I do say so myself!).  I ate way too much, lost a few races and came last in bingo, but all together another great night!
 My cookies
 The kids made this Vegan Fried Chicked sign
 Luis is always that adult that entertains the kiddos.
 The poutine, so easy and such a hit!
 The running races
 Fried Chicken



 Lots of eating



Ended with a game of bingo.  I am so going to miss this family next year, can't believe they are leaving me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment