Monday 22 October 2018

Careless Me

Sometimes I just do the stupidest things, well not even stupid sometimes just careless, sometimes just lazy. I think I have probably lost close to 100 thousand pounds over the years because I have lost money, trusted companies or put it somewhere with no thought or consideration.  A few years ago I lost two thirds of this blog as I trusted one place to store my pictures and really should have had them all backed up.  I book the wrong dates with flights or the wrong budget airlines that allow zero changes and we are always changing.  And now yesterday, I sat looking at my computer screen, too shocked to cry.  I somehow deleted my entire teaching career. Ten years of thousands of works sheets and documents, power points, spread sheets etc that I have created, I managed to erase.  The worse thing was  I thought I was clearing some space off my computer correctly on Saturday, but clearly I was not.  I went to all the experts yesterday afternoon before having a melt down.  But they all agreed I managed to get rid of it all, and then of course asked me a million times had I backed it up, no I did not.  I thought about it loads, just never did it.  I have some of it stored in various places but last June took the time to organise it all and include what I have built in the last three years and yep I never backed it up.
But instead of freaking out I decided that maybe this was a sign, time to think of another job.  As I just don't know if I can start all over again! Super frustrating return from a holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment