Tuesday 7 November 2017

Back in Phuket

After a thirty hour horrendous plane journey, I arrived back for a couple hours sleep (literally two) before heading off to school.  Although, it was certainly not my best day of teaching, I still managed to make some sense to the kids and did not fall a sleep once.  But I am not complaining as it was worth every hour on that plane, and every painful teaching hour yesterday to spend that ten days with my family.  Freda is pretty much the best baby ever.  And for the record, it is not just me that says this (in case one thinks I might be biased) but every single person who meets her says the same.  
She is just amazing and I cannot wait to see her and her wonderful parents in six weeks.
It was wonderful also to see the fabulous five (clearly this picture only has three of the five), who do so much for my family it is beyond ridiculous.  I am so lucky to have these ladies in my life.
Then there is my Dad, who makes a thirty hour flight totally worth it.  In fact, I would fly 90 hours just for a few days with him.  He continues to be an inspiration to me and I loved hearing more stories from his past (like a near miss court marshall and accidental shooting (albeit blanks) incident).
I am now back in Phuket, looking out my window at another glorious day (I will tell you what I do not miss about Canada is the weather, I am pretty happy in every day thirty plus conditions).  I am pretty much caught up on my sleep and although would love to be back in Canada right now (cold weather and all), I cannot say that I am not happy to see my L's whom I missed loads.  

No comments:

Post a Comment