Thursday 1 June 2017

Small but Fabulous

The last wine club of the year looked like it might not even happen.  The ladies dropped like fly's all day, sickness, VISA troubles and headaches meant there were many cancellations.  I almost postponed thinking that six ladies was really not enough.  So happy that I did not as in my opinion it was the best Phuket Ladies Wine night yet!  We did a proper tasting, a blind tasting, trying to cover all the 'major' wines.  A Sauvignon blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Reisling, Merlot, Cab Sauv and Pinot Noir, oh and a bottle of bubbles (not Champange, as I probably mentioned far too many times last night, but I do hate when sparking wine is referred to as Champagne), we covered a lot of ground.  All had to guess what wine was what and were given sheets about wine flavours to help them along.
 I am just throwing this picture, pre wine club beach date with Lola.  The water has now properly changed and it is clear the rainy season seas are here.  But a beautiful day.
 Getting ready for the night
 Mid tasting dinner, my favourite veggie Thai restaurant.  
 The six ladies who made this night one of the best ones.  I learnt so much last night, some things which I am sad to say I can never unlearn! 
The winner of the evening! Kim got all the wines correct, so proud of her!  Now I just need to take her out clubbing with proper Champagne.

No comments:

Post a Comment