Sunday 26 April 2015

Comparisons

I am always and forever comparing things, which is not always useful and actually I think becomes annoying. When I moved from England to Switzerland, or Barbados to England or Canada to Barbados, I always remembered and talked about what was better in the previous country. In fact, the best thing would be if I could make my own country with all the fabulous parts of all the places I have been and force all the people I love to live there (although not likely I would have to force anyone as it would be pretty amazing). But until I can create an island with hot mountains, beaches, salsa dancing, lakes, vineyards, and me as Prime Minister (as I would apply to be in the commonwealth) I should probably ease up on the comparisons.
Yesterday was our schools International Fair and I could not help but remember it was my favourite favourite day of the year in Basel. So I guess from the start this fair had a lot to live up too. But once I stopped looking at what Basel did better it was actually quite enjoyable.
 There were loads of performances, dancers, singers..

 There, of course was massive amounts of food (much the same in Basel), mainly South American countries, but Britain, Canada and some Asian countries were represented.

I was in charge of the dunk tank for a couple hours. Mr. Muenker here made a snarky comment about Barbados so in the tank he went.
The fair was huge, loads of stalls, games, raffles and things to see but what I did miss and what this fair lacked was the margaritas from Mexico, the Swedish shooter singing group, the Canadian Ceasers, the French bubbles, this fair was dry (luckily I had a bottle of wine waiting at home).

No comments:

Post a Comment