Wednesday 3 September 2014

Schools In

It has finally begun, the whole reason for my move to Ecuador, school has started. And I have hit the ground running, being sick last week certainly has not helped, but there is also loads for me to learn and do. That is okay though as it is great to learn about new systems and see different ways of teaching. This will all be helpful when I return to the UK in the aims of helping to fix an education system that by all accounts is getting weaker and weaker by the day. My wonderful sister, Nicola, sent me a link today about compulsory setting that makes my blood boil! These people are cream crackers, enforcing an age old system that has been proven time and time again to be ineffective to all learners, it drives me crazy (I mean all they have to do is look at any modern day research or effective systems to see that they are deluded)! For more on this please copy and paste this link:
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/03/schools-separate-pupils-ability-setting
But so this does not totally drag me down today, here are some photos of the view of my lovely new class room, actually a lot like mine in Switzerland.  You cannot quite make it out but there are mountains all around.


I love it, even if it is a bit secluded, being miles away from the rest of the campus. It is good for exercise though as up four floors and I am up and down twenty times a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment