Friday 19 September 2014

Lola, Friends, Ecuadorians and Facebook

For those who know Lola, you know she is terrified of loud noises and that a thunder storm pretty much puts her on the brink of a heart attack every time. So yesterday when I was walking Lola through the park, unaware of the dark clouds behind me, when the first crash of thunder hit she was off. And to follow was the loudest thunder storm I have ever heard and I knew she could have run for miles, anywhere . After a few pointless hours calling in the park (it was now pitch black and Jodi convinced me possibly was not the safest place), I hit the streets as did friends and neighbours. And what happened next was amazing, people coming out of their houses to help, giving advice, taking my phone number. A fabulous couple (coming to dinner now Tuesday), even got in their car and drive around.
And then finally success, as me and Vanessa were walking and calling (me almost on brink of breakdown), a woman and her daughter drove up and showed us a picture a friend a of a friend had posted of Lola on Facebook. She was amazing, drove us to her house so she could find out from friend other persons number and then took us there to get her.
Four hours on, with swollen red eyes, I finally got her, with so many people to thank.
I have never met a nicer collective people and cannot believe how much they went out of their way and also Facebook how much do I love you now.
And that is the end of another Lola drama (think she gets upset she is not on here enough). Thanks a million again to all my wonderful helpers.


No comments:

Post a Comment