Tuesday 25 June 2013

Differentiation the way Forward

What a brilliant course I have just been on supporting something I have believed in since I was a baby teacher, that streaming is not the most effective way to structure classes. In fact, I would go as far as saying it can be limiting and even damaging to some children's learning. This course has not only given me the evidence to support this but also and more importantly the tools to create an effective exciting differentiated classroom. I am actually a bit disappointed that school is over as cannot wait to try my new strategies. I thought I was a pretty good teacher before the course but have come away with so many great ideas and the realisation that I have a ways to go before I can be the teacher I want to be. A big thank you to David Suarez, who was a brilliant course leader and a teacher I can only hope to be half like one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment