Thursday 13 June 2013

Girl Guides

Last night I went to Emily's new house for what I thought would be a regular dinner, but what I did not know is Emily had a little adventure planned. Half way thorough eating she had to pop out to pick up Dave, and as my car was last in the drive I told her to take it. Five minutes later she rang having punctured a tire. I am an advent watcher of Come Dine with me, and I have yet to come across better dinner time entertainment..
First thing to discover is I have no spare tire, so I drove Emily's car home to get a winter one, while super Dave jacked the car.  Dave and Emily worked hard, but sadly could not get tire off, called insurance company and waited for help. And after years in girl guides I know to always be prepared, so may not have had a spare tire but of course had my emergency wine.
To add to the fun, in two hours the temp had dropped from about 28 degrees to 15 and rain, my favourite!
After three hours my hero arrived, took a hammer and banged the wheel off (he made it look so easy but we did try), it was a real adventure. The only down side is I never got my pudding, so that drops her score to 8 out of 10, who knew standing in pouring rain for hours could be such fun.
Disclaimer: I had one swig of wine for effect, no more (to be fair it was hard to peel away from Dave ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment