Friday 17 May 2013

Another Expensive Lesson Learnt

Well today I can check off the list another very Swiss, must be unique to Switzerland thing, taking my car for its annual (I assume annual) check up.  I have really never experienced anything like it, totally efficient (no surprises here) and completely thorough (guess no surprise again).  They took my car through at exactly 8:40am, I by passed the cars that were queueing ahead of me as that was my time, it went through rigorous tests with the wheels, under the car, in the car, the bonnet, testing of the brakes and then a race around at high speeds testing whatever.   I am quite positive most cars in most countries would fail this and explains why you see no 'old cars' here.  Oh and I failed, not because of any engine problems, brake problems, lights not working, steering issues, but due to the fact that my tires were dirty (never mind it was pouring rain all week) and my lights blinked at slightly different speeds...



And to be fair the car is actually pretty clean!  Anyways, now to pay the garage a massive bill to do these things (apparently 700 Euroish) and then back to test again..

No comments:

Post a Comment