Friday 5 April 2013

My Top Ten

This morning watching tv I was reminded of one of my favourite late night television personalities, David Letterman. I use to love watching this late night show and one thing I loved was his daily 'top ten' list. So as my holiday begins to wrap up I thought I would do a top ten list of my favourite things about Cuba and my trip.
#10. No chains. How wonderful to have no Star Bucks, McDonald's, tesco, Walmart. Just Cuban.
#9. No goggle. Real discussions and debates that do not end quickly due to a google search (although to be fair I am emailing Brad a long list of proof about why I am right about almost everything when I get back;)).
#8. No vices. I have learnt I can live without diet coke, chocolate and white wine, who would have thought...(okay except we found good wine the last night)



#7. The sun. After complaining all winter I can hardly not have the sunshine on my top ten.

#6. The cars. Fantastic, they are just fabulous.


#5. Salsa. I love dancing, love the salsa, the music, all of it.



#4. The food. Not the hotel buffet crap but the real food.


#3. Havana. Fantastic city, real Cuba, and if I come again I would travel to other cities and explore the countryside. A resort strip does not count as seeing a country.


#2. Che. My new hero, reading all his diaries and after teaching I think I may start a revolution (location yet to be determined).


#1. And the number one thing I have loved about Cuba is the people. Happy, friendly, helpful, proud. In fact I think you would be hard pressed to find another country that you felt so safe and looked after everywhere and by everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment