Friday 5 April 2013

Havana

I have absolutely loved my time in Havana. I have loved the people, food, amazing buildings, history, salsa dancing, all of it. I have learnt loads about their history, present and hopefully the expected future. It has been so interesting to see and learn and what I experienced was a nation that generally want change but are also tremendously proud of Cuba. I felt safe in places that I would not of in almost any city in North America or Europe and saw genuine happiness amongst the people. Certainly a far from perfect world but not sure I know what is.
Today we have left for the beautiful beaches and some relaxation but also sadly left Cuba as really for all we know we could be in the Dominican or Mexico or wherever...
Enjoying our roof top sunshine.



Our last fabulous meal in the city.

A drink on a roof top bar (with our very helpful Cuban guide and friend, Francesco) and then onto the



National, old mafia hot spot.


We enjoyed our last morning stroll before heading to the beach



in our beautiful taxi.



And now enjoying a mojito in sunny Veradero.

No comments:

Post a Comment