Wednesday 12 December 2012

Swissed

Yesterday in the staff room I heard one of the staff members saying him and his wife had been 'Swissed' again.  I of course asked what he meant by this and he gave me a rushed explanation.  However, as it turned out I did not need a detailed explanation, as I was just about to find out  exactly what it meant.  One thing I have learnt here in Switzerland is that the Swiss play by the rules, it is that simple, why on earth would anyone want to break the rules?  Now I am not complaining, as there is little crime, I always feel safe and things run like clock work.  But I must admit, up until last night I may have broken some rules from time to time.  Never again, as last night a parking ticket (not an overdue one, a brand new one), 'invited' me to the police station where I received a 400 Swiss Franc (pretty much equivalent to Cdn and US dollar) Christmas present fine.  And now I know what it means to be 'Swissed'.

No comments:

Post a Comment