Friday 23 August 2024

Back To School Night Year 1

Last night I went to Sebastian's Back to School Night, which is a chance for me to see his classroom, his teacher and learn a bit about what he is doing this year.  I often forget what a major bonus it is that my teaching at NIST includes Sebastian's tuition.  It is $35,000US a year for his age, and no parent complains as NIST has done an excellent job of making it worth every penny.  I would like to do something else with my life, have a change from Maths teaching and then I go to the evening last night and realise that it is worth it.  I will have to stick it out for a few years yet!  Sebastian's Year 1 centre is amazing (I have never been before), the activities they do throughout the day (swimming, art, music, Thai language, Thai culture, Maker spacers etc), are amazing.   And even better Sebastian LOVES it, or should I say he LOVES his teacher.  Like properly fallen head over heels in love.  He only talks about her and blushes at the mention of her name.  So it was no surprise to me that when the teacher showed us the wall where the students made pictures all about them.  Ms. Katherine got the LOVE card, and me and Luis the LIKE card! 


His beautiful classroom.
Their emotion board.  Him and Ellie were feeling CRAZY that day.  I love this, as Ellie was in his baby group in Phuket, featured in his book an dis now in the same class as Sebastian.
All his likes and loves.
I love...
I like...

HAHAHAHAH!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment