Saturday 6 May 2023

Bank Holiday Part 2 Tumbles and Breaks

After we got home Sebastian wanted to go to our playground.  I have always thought the playground set up was an accident waiting to happen.  Unfortunately, I was right.  Sebastian took a mighty tumble from the top.  He had a reasonable reaction, tears of course but I did not think over the top tears.  We went upstairs and he quickly fell a sleep.  While he was sleeping I examined his wrists and thought we might have to go to hospital.  He woke up crying a bit more and I carried him to the hospital.  After a fairly traumatic x-ray the doctor confirmed that one hand had two breaks and the over one.  I could not believe it, and we all had a bit of a cry while the doctor plastered the arms.  Hopefully, just for three weeks and then at least one can off.  

Waiting for doctor

By the morning he could hold his spoon


And he has been spoilt with love and presents from his friends in the building, school and family.  It will be a long few weeks, but he will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment