Wednesday 13 October 2021

Lola the Master of Escape

After a wonderful celebration, Lola made a mad dash when a massive thunderstorm rolled in.  Nine hours later and we were still searching everywhere.  I was positive she was stuck in the bushes somewhere.  I also knew she would never bark to indicate where she was.  I was so scared we would never find her, at least not in time.  Luis, Bruce, Sinead, Sebastian scoured all the nearby places.  The whole community shared photos of her everywhere.  It was a miracle that we got her back.  A couple of dog walkers who Luis had met earlier found her, well actually their dogs found her. She was deep in a wooded area, nowhere that we had looked or thought to look as it was quite far away from our house.  The couple knew to go to the hotel next door to us (as Luis had mentioned this) and Leno (a friend of ours) went with them to get her out.  I wish I could figure out how to post a video, as it is unbelievable how deep she was in there.  It was a miracle, simply a miracle.

She was very tired, hungry, and thirsty but happy to be home.  Roast chicken for her all week and I am vegan.  So a real treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment