Friday 25 September 2020

Lola Mission

Yesterday morning I embarked on the 'get Lola home to her family mission'.  This is not an easy mission to complete and has involved many favours, good luck, and very careful planning.  However, I can happily report Part 1 of the mission has been a success and I finally have LOLA COLA!  I could not be happier, and well it is just like people as when I saw her it was like we had never been apart. She looks so fantastic and I am so thankful for Nina and Pete for taking such good care of her.  We still need a bit of luck on our side for everything to go to plan to get her home.  But right now I am just so happy to have her!

First stop Florida. I can tell you tensions are high here, you can feel it.  Taxi drivers gave me many opinions, most I did not agree with.  People clearly saying loads with their masks (Trump supporter, Biden, other political messages) or saying even more with a lack of masks.  I definitely felt the tension.

Early this morning I set out for Charlotte and after a few hours headed to Toronto.  I was super happy to see Lola's plane in the distance when I landed.
She looks amazing!  Like years younger.  We will have to keep up the heathly diet and long walks.
Missed her so much!
She is super tired.  Tomorrow starts part two of the mission and we need a lot of luck to get us back home on Sunday in time for a family lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment