Tuesday 4 November 2014

The Scenic Route..

Yesterday it was time to say goodbye to the ocean and return to the mountains and instead of taking us the motor way back my satellite navigation system decided to give us a tour of the country side.    It only added on a few minutes and it was great to see the beautiful country side and villages.  That was until I was sure the four of us would end up in jail or possibly a mass grave.  We came across a road block in a village with many men with many machine guns.  This would probably have been less scary for me if I had listened to advice and properly owned my car by now, had insurance papers, and an Ecuadorian license.  We got stopped, asked for all my papers, got several pictures taken of my car and us, and searched for weapons (which of course none of us had) and then sent on our way.  I must say I was properly sweating, not use to seeing big guns and possibly watched too many Hollywood films where these situations do not turn out too well.  Long and short we made it home safe and sound :)

 Last stroll on the beach before heading home
 Typical homes we saw on our way back




 Desiree sneaking a photo after we were let through

There were many more and I know just doing their job, but was happy to see the back of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment