Wednesday 8 October 2014

Mount FuyaFuya

Today we climbed to the summit of Mount FuyaFuya, 4200 meters high. Like properly climbed, the last few hundred meters with ropes, gripping rocks and pulling ourselves up in the rain. It was fantastic, definitely could have been better conditions but to see everyone so excited after finally making it, it would not have mattered if it snowed.
 Jimmy looking so happy for the climb.


Beautiful views
At the summit, it was very steep so we had to take ropes up and everything.  I felt like a proper climber (except that I was slightly terrified and had people all around me to help).

4200 meters, in the rain, fabulous. The kids were so excited, as most did not think they could do it. I also was pretty thrilled, I must say that I thought getting down was far more painful then up. We have now arrived at our hostel for the evening activities to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment