Thursday 10 March 2022

United for Ukraine

The past few weeks I have seen my friend, Tanya, at breaking point so many times.  Her family initially refused to leave Ukraine and then was desperate to leave. On Saturday she left for Europe to try and get her mother and best friend (who has a two-month-old with no passport) out.  I felt so helpless like so many of us and then I remembered I am pretty good at organizing events.  So I started a marketing campaign for a fundraiser this Saturday.  I had no idea how huge it would blow up and that it would take every minute of my day.  My initial goal of $1000 was passed in one day.  


 A local artist made this in Ukrainian colours for our raffle, I love it.


I will be off-grid till Sunday, but wish me luck and let's hope we raise a load of money for Ukraine.


No comments:

Post a Comment