Friday 14 January 2022

Sane Social Dinners

One of the reasons I loved teaching was the social side.  I was interacting with students and teachers all day long and that was the real joy of teaching.  Well, online learning has certainly managed to kill this.  Even when we are lucky enough to be in school it is not the same.  Everyone is in their bubbles and the interaction is minimum.  And now we are fully online for the foreseeable future and it is just terrible for everyone.  Without vaccinations, I do not see a way out of this mess for The Bahamas.  Hopefully, I am wrong.  To keep us sane this week we had two dinner parties.  On Wednesday, Jane, a new and very lonely teacher came for dinner.  I feel the worse for her.  We had a really good night and somehow I forgot to take a picture.  And last night Terry and Kendall came for a Sunday (well Thursday) roast dinner.  Kendall only just got back as she tested positive for Covid for weeks. It was great to welcome her back to the island.


A lovely evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment