Monday 16 August 2021

The Best Day, Friends and Family

I just had the best day yesterday.  It was very emotional but wonderful.  It breaks my heart that Sebastian will never meet my parents.  I am so sad that they never got to spoil him, know how funny he is and have the chance to give him the big bear hugs he loves to give.  I feel like so much of my history died with them as well and there will be no one to tell funny little stories about me as a child.  Yesterday I had a day full of visits and I felt so thankful that so many people were so excited to meet him and I could just feel the love they had immediately. 








We started the day with brunch in the old neighbourhood.  My Dad did not have any actual family in Canada but his neighbours and friends were definitely family to him.  Colleen kindly had us and Bev and Ed over.  It was wonderful and I was so happy to see them and for them to meet Sebastian.  I did spy on the old property, which looks the same and it was well wonderful and emotional.

We then went to see Scott Duimstra, he grew up next door to us with his two other brothers and wonderful parents.  His children were a dream and it was so nice to see them.





We ended the day at Mandy's parents for dinner.  It was amazing.  They spoilt Sebsatian rotten and were so excited to meet him.  They made an amazing vegan dinner and gave Sebastian some precious toys.  They told stories of me as a child and I left so full of love and happiness.  It was just the best day ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment