Thursday 8 July 2021

Cumbaya

When I lived in Ecuador I always knew that I should have lived outside of the city in the valley of Cumbaya.  For one thing it is lower in altitude and therefore warmer.  It is much smaller and I do much better in small environments.  It has been great staying with Lourdes who lives in Cumbaya and spending more time here.  The last few days have been spent in between home and some of the lovely places in the town.

Sunday we were meant to be off to the Black Sheep Inn with Mayra, but the rental car company was a disaster and we had to postpone the trip.  But something good came out of it, and we got to have a lunch all together (almost kid free) in a lovely Italian in town.


Tuesday we went to Quito to see Luis's parents and then took a drive to our old neighbourhood. Above is our old street and house (we lived in three out of the four flats) and the park across the road.  Nothing really has changed since I was there last.
We then went to a vegan restaurant for lunch.  It was super sunny and Sebastian wanted sunglasses but I had forgotten his.  He looked like quite the rock star with mine on for the day.



Yesterday, me and Sebastian spent the day at home.  He had a great time on the slip and slide, which was super nice as I loved mine as a child.  He is also enjoying his favourite snack here, brocolli.
This is Lourdes house, I had never seen it from this angle before and thought it made for a beautiful photo.

Sebastian is having a great time with his Ecuador cousins.  He is becoming slightly bossy though, we will have to reign that in!

No comments:

Post a Comment