Wednesday 18 September 2013

The Newbies

It is hard to believe that now in my third year at ISB I am almost considered a veteran, a title that I think holds a lot of responsibility when welcoming the new staff. So last night I had a few of the 'newbies' over for dinner, I filled them full of the important crucial knowledge I have acquired over the last few years (basically that Klein Basel has better bars than Gross Basel) and enlightened them to the rules of an Amanda dinner party (no helping, no red wine and for goodness sake I am not making coffee or tea for that matter!). The rules were followed, almost, (Emily broke the helping one) and hopefully all enjoyed themselves.

Some proper veterans also came, have missed them!! Had a lovely night welcoming the newbies, and hoping they went away learning something new about Basel (or at least that there are way better places than Paddy's on a Saturday night!).

No comments:

Post a Comment