Friday 16 October 2020

Blinking Covoid

I cannot even imagine all the analyses that will be done when (if) the world gets over Covoid and we return to something that resembles normality.   I suspect there will be a lot of hindsight is 20/20 people saying why we got it all wrong.  I imagine the financial cost to the world will be huge and a million times worse will be the cost to humans.  Not just the loss of lives but all the emotional drain this has had on everyone.  Not being able to see loved ones, losing loved ones that you never got to say goodbye and of course all the depression for a billion reasons.  It is easy to go down the rabbit hole of despair and I have to remind myself often how lucky I am. But well sometimes I do not want to remind myself.  I miss my family, I do not know when I will see my sister again.  I feel so sad for Luis whose family has still not met Sebastian.  It is draining.  And with winter coming and second waves, it does not seem an end is anywhere in sight.  It is the moments below that help cheer us up and try to keep us focused on the positive.  Sebastian is so, thankfully, unaware and just so happy to play in the sand and the water.  He is such a happy little boy and that just means the world.





That is really all that matters is keeping both these kiddos happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment