Thursday 3 October 2013

My Grade 8 Model Class

Today was the last class for grade 8 before our half term break, and I thought I would bring in some cake to celebrate the the first half of the semester.  This has been my most amazing class, and proof to me that challenging kids, making maths fun and a little encouragement goes a very long way.  They have got almost perfect in both Grade 8 tests and done brilliantly on all assignments.  But what I am most thrilled about is how much they love coming to class and how excited they are to learn new things and do all the wacky tasks I set.  
 All working hard on their collecting like terms project, their creations include songs, poems, pamphlets, power points and posters. 
 A half way break for cakes, and so many of them brought in cakes and cookies to contribute :)
 Cannot have cake without a little exercise, so our weekly chicken dance.
I must say they are getting really good.  I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment