Tuesday 24 September 2024

Lola's Memorial

Last night I held Lola's Memorial service.  I would be lying if I said it was everything I wanted.  I chose the wrong hymn version of All Things Bright and Beautiful.  Sebastian was very upset and angry and I could not help but be feeling judged about it. Whether that is true or not.  I think he has been taking it all very hard, but it was still hard to manage my own expectations about him sitting perfectly through the service.  Nadia wrote a beautiful poem and I was proud of my Eulogy for her.  She was one amazing dog, and the out pouring of people still writing me to tell me how amazing they thought she was is so special.  She will most certainly be missed.  










It still feels quite empty in the house.  But we will get there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment