Sunday 5 May 2024

Jonesy!

Forever, my new word for an unfunny person will be Jonesy.  If I refer to someone being a Joneys it will mean that I believe that person is not funny generally or in that moment.  This weekend Iwisyi and a friend was here from Phuket.  We decided to go to the comedy club.  The headliner was heavily promoted over the lsat few weeks and I thought it would be a good one.  I was wrong.  The first two acts were great and poor Jonesy (headliner) was awful.  It was so cringey.  It was the worst, no one was laughing and it was hard to watch.  It is a tiny place but we had to make an exit.  We could not do another minute.

I walked to the pub, the city is so alive and vibrant.  It is definitely a grower.


This was the guy before and shows how close and small this place is.  We felt so badly leaving but the only other alternative was that I would get on stage and try and help him.  That could have been worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment